Should I get ganglion cyst removed?

Patient : I have a ganglion cyst on my left wrist. My doctor does not want to remove it because it may cause damage to tendons and nerves. However, my left wrist has been hurting me a lot lately. Should I get the cyst removed or wait longer and see what happens? p.s. in the picture, the cyst is the one in the middle on wrist. My wrist is just really bony.
Doctor :   You should have the ganglion surgically removed. Pain is an indication for removal. You should see an orthopedic surgeon as they have special expertise in treating this condition