Should I get my gallbladder removed?

Patient

Q: For over a year now I've had trouble breathing and have felt a lot of pressure on my chest (constant). I've been to the ER multiple times and have had plenty of different work ups including cardiac, CT scan, blood work, X-rays, etc. I also have a lower back ache since this all started. The chest tightness gets worse after I eat.

I received an upper endoscopy that came back fine. I then ended up in the ER a few days later with nausea and stomach cramping that lasted over 12 hours. The ER doctor suggested a HIDA scan.

I booked an ultrasound first to see if I had gallstones and all was clear. I then received the HIDA scan and my gallbladder is only emptying at a rate of 5%. They say I should have it removed, but I want a second opinion. The doctor can't guarantee this will get rid of my symptoms, but he says he's pretty sure it will. I can't live with this chest pressure much longer as my quality of life is diminishing. I'm 28 years old. Should I have it removed?

Doctor