Should I get surgery to repair my orbital floor fracture? M

Patient : Should I get surgery to repair my orbital floor fracture? My ex boyfriend hit me in my eye, fracturing my orbital floor. My eye has healed for the most part. I have slight double vision when I look up. my eye has sunken in making my eyes look different. I'm very self conscious about this. I saw a maxiofacial surgeon today. He said that my eye has sunken as much as it will, I'm just so upset that my eye has sunken this much at all. I don't know what to do.
Symptoms:  Double vision, sunken eye,
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern. First of all you should get a MRI Orbit to see for the extent and nature of damage. The diplopia caused after a traumatic injury is usually transient and is due to mis alignment. This can be improved with time once the eye ball regains its normal position. Now an MRI is indicated to see how severe is the injury and the alignment would come without any surgical intervention or not. For cosmetic purposes, you may require a surgical intervention. Share my opinion with your doctor. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy

Related Q&A

Q: What eyedrops should I use to treat my eye? How long will it be before I notice improvement?

Q: I have a subconjunctival hemorrhage in my right eye that appeared yesterday. Everything I read online says this is co...

Q: I have a painful bump on my eyelid and It's been there for more than six months. About 4 months ago it suddenly swell...

Q: My eyes are irritated,some trouble breathing and sometimes slight quesey stomach. This is in my home. My son who live...

Q: I was walking up the stairs to go to bed and a white flash appeared in my peripheral vision on my left eye. I now per...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon