Should I give it some time or try and get medical attention?

Q: Had orthroscopic surgery on 12/4 rehab is great until a few days ago I reached out to pick up a salt shaker and my shoulder popped loudly. Now shoulder is sore and cant raise above my shoulder. Am traveling so no access to my doctor. Advice

Symptoms:  Soreness and popping sound if I lift arm above shoulder

A:   Thank you for your question. As soon as you have access to a physician please have your shoulder assessed. You may need to have a closed reduction, which is a procedure where your doctor attempts to maneuver your shoulder joint back into its normal position. After this, your arm will be placed in a sling, you may be prescribed oral analgesic medication to treat the pain.

Thank you for consulting