Should I go to the ER?

Patient

Q: I have been sick since last Wednesday. It started with just a pain in my upper back area on the left, then it got hard to breath. Went to urgent care, they said I had knots. Went t ok my dr he said strep throat and asthma problems. Still in pain still sick with fever throat and cough. I got a steroid shot and im on antibiotics.
Should I go to ER?

Symptoms:  Coughing, fever, headache, pain in upper back, wheezing, tightness in chest scratchy throat, aches, trouble breathing
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Although it has been over a week since you have been treated with steroid and antibitiotics your symptoms have not improved. Based on your brief description your difficulty breathing is a cause for concern. You may be developing a more serious lung infection called pneumonia. We recommend that you return to your doctor or emergency department for reevaluation and have your medication adjusted accordingly. Please seek medical attention.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com