Should i go to the hospital?

Patient

Q: I'm 36 weeks pregnant, and tonight I had intercourse which has caused my vagina to become really swollen and sore. Is that normal or should I go to the hospital?

Symptoms:  Vaginal swelling
Doctor

At 36 weeks , if you had intercourse and have faced vaginal swelling then it is normal though as the blood supply in the pelvic region is increased during pregnancy the likelihood of swelling after intercourse generally occurs . However if the baby movements are fine and there is no vaginal bleed then you may wait for 24 hrs for it to subside , however if it doesn't happen then you may visit your physician for a local examination for any local injury or infection.