Should I have shots and preventive malaria meds if I am pregnant?

Patient : I am travelling to dominican republic a star resort, I will be 3months pregnant when travelling and as yet I have not had any vaccines. What vaccines will be safe or should I cancel my holiday?
Doctor :   In general, vaccines are rarely given during pregnancy, if at all. If a woman will be given a vaccine before finding out she is pregnant, counselling will be done for the possible harmful effects it can have on the baby. For Dominican Republic, there are only a few cities (Santiago and Santo Domingo) that do not have malaria. Areas with resorts do have malaria. You will need preventive medications if you are going to these areas and most of them are not safe for use in pregnancy. Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Typhoid shots are also needed. Personaly, I would suggest for you to cancel it but use your own judgment if you will go ahead with your trip. I do hope this helps and take care always.