Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Should I see a doctor because of my swollen throat?

Should I see a doctor because of my swollen throat?

Patient: Should I go get a doctor to check my swollen feeling throat? Or am I okay just leaving it be.

Symptoms: slight fever, runny nose, headache, swollen feeling and uncomfortable at the back of my mouth, throat is not sore and I have no dental issues

Doctor: Your complaints of a cold with running nose, swollen and discomfort in the throat suggest that you might have a sore thr oat. It is most likely a bacterial infection and you require antibiotics to treat the condition. My suggestion would be to see a general physician for treatment and followup for this.