Should I see a fertility specialist?

Patient : I'm 22 and have been trying to get pregnant for 7 months. I have a genetic mutation (unilateral renal agenesis) that is "closely related" to many infertility problems. I'm wondering if I should wait the typical 12-month for my age group, or if I should see a specialist now? I was born with Unilateral Renal Agenesis. It is very closely related to: general infertility, endometriosis, stillbirth, bilateral renal agenesis, repeated miscarriage, mosaicism, down syndrome and premature ovarian failure.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I had sex on my ovulation day, took ellaone 30 minutes after condom broke and ejaculation. Is there a high chance of ...

Q: I had an IUD inserted November 7 and the first week I experience severe cramping and now about three weeks after I am...

Q: Either the day of ovulation or the day before me and my girlfriend were grinding naked I realized ther was Precum so ...

Q: I engaged in a sexual activity, but we didn't do sexual intercourse. But, his precum was smeared outside my vagina (n...

Q: On the day of ovulation I rubbed my penis between her but cheeks but never bellow the anus I am worried that the Prec...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon