x
153 Physicians Online

Question:

Should I see a Neurologist?

Hi, I am am 29 years old and have had a constant tremor or shake in my hands since i was in high school. It is not anything that keeps me from doing my job but at times it gets worse than others. Mostly it is not noticeable. But lately(the past year or so) i have been having pretty nasty cramps in my legs. My doctor prescribed Mirapex for restless leg but i am not sure that is the issue. I am starting to think that the legs and hand shaking are somehow related. I have been taking a Statin for cholesterol, but the cramps started before i was taking them. So I don't think that is causing this. My toes tend to fall asleep sometimes while sitting down. Should I see a Neurologist? Thanks Justin Ott

Answer:

There could be a possibility of vitamin deficiency mainly vitamin B12 deficiency. You may get your B12 levels checked to rule out this deficiency. You need to concentrate on a healthy nutritious diet to improve your symptoms. If any vitamin deficiency is found, taking supplements would help improve your symptoms. Another possibility for your symptoms could be hyperthyroidism, thus getting your thyroid hormones checked may help. You may consult a neurologist if no deficiency is found and symptoms continue.
You may get your B12 levels checked to rule out this deficiency. You need to concentrate on a healthy nutritious diet to improve your symptoms. If any vitamin deficiency is found, taking supplements would help improve your symptoms. You may consult a neurologist if no deficiency is found and symptoms continue.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.