Should I seek a second opinion? I have been experiencing jo

Q: Should I seek a second opinion?
I have been experiencing joint pain and stiffness for several months now and have recently seen a rheumatologist. Symptoms are morning stiffness that can last for several hours. Joint pain in hands, elbows, neck, back, shoulders, knees, and feet which is felt on both sides. Hands and feet swell and my hands will stiffen up when used, example is cutting vegetables. Blood work was in normal range except for anti ccp at 177. Rf factor had been 11 and 8, sed rate 11 and 9, crp 2.45 and 2.7. My doctor doesn't believe it's rheumatoid arthritis because only the ccp is elevated and the other bloodwork is normal range, plus he can't feel any classic signs of ra in my joints. He believes I have fibromyalgia and has me on gabapentin 300mg a day. I've beeN on this for about 6 weeks now with relatively no change. I've read that the ccp test when elevated can be an early sign of ra, and a lot of doctors begin patients on typical ra drugs. My question is should I seek out another rheumatologist for a second opinion?

Symptoms:  Joint pain and stiffness. Morning stiffness can last for hours. Lately pain and stiffness somewhat subsides with aleve, ice, and hot bath but never completely goes away.
Tender, warm, swollen joints. Swelling usually not visible, can feel it in hands and feet. Joints sore hands, feet, wrists, ankles, knees, hips, back, shoulders, neck.
Knees have swollen before after use. Lingering foot injuries. Pain in heels.
Previously diagnosed with carpal tunnel, tingling in hands. Hands stiffen from use, then hard to grip.
Pain usually in both sides of joints.

Neck Pain especially pain at the base of the skull.
Swelling, warmth, burning feeling.
Crunching feeling in neck, also pops often.
Headaches, mainly felt in base of neck.
Tenderness to touch.

Hurt all over, fatigued.
Impaired memory
Extremely fatigued after exercise or other chores.
Feel unrested in morning
Pins and needles in hands, runs up arms to inside of elbows

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may be having RA as there are 20 percent chances that person having negative RA have rheumatoid arthritis. So it will be better to consult another rheumatologist. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.