Should I skip my daily dose of 50mg Vyvanse

Q: Should I skip my daily dose of 50mg Vyvanse the day of my Echocardiogram? I have put my body through a lot before going on Vyvanse, am on a birth control pill to treat my Premature Ovarian Failure and need to know if they should see my heart with it in my system as it usually is, or without?

A:   Thanks for consulting ATD.

This belongs to Amphetamine group of drugs. Beyond the recommended dose, it has fatal adverse effects on heart. Coming to Echocardiogram, it is not required to stop it, as it is not going to have impact on this test. Continue all the medication that you are on and go for this test. Talk to your Doctor in detail about the result and that your medication schedule.

Have a nice day.