Should I still take a pregnancy test?

Patient : So recently My best friend, Boyfriend, and I have been thinking that I am pregnant. This week is the week that I am supposed to get my period. Well today I started bleeding but its not normal for it to be my period, it's very light and as the day has gone on it has only gotten lighter. I have also been getting cramps but those aren't normal either. So my question is should I still take a pregnancy test?
Doctor :   Hello, If you have started bleeding then it is probably your menses, however if the bleed is lighter then stress per s e can be attributed as a cause in your case to cause hormonal imbalance and cause a lesser withdrawal bleed as compared to normal cycles. YOU HAVE BEEN STRESSED OUT FOR THE CONCERN OF BEING PREGNANT and this may have its effect on the progesterone status. However , if you are still concerned , then it is better to do a blood serum beta hcg levels test, which if found to be raised , then the test is positive and you are pregnant . If the levels are lesser than 1, then these are your periods. I hope i have addressed your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards