x
195 Physicians Online

Question:

Should I take Glimy MP before or after food?

For type 2 diabetes I am taking Glimy MP 2 mg since last 8 years After food .some say it should be taken before meals . What is correct method ?

Answer:

Glimy MP contains drug combination of glimiperide and metformin. Glimepiride works to increase the secretion of insulin by the body, best taken with breakfast or the first main meal of the day. Metformin prevents the liver from releasing sugar into the bloodstream by decreasing the sugar production by liver and so it is best taken before a meal, but can be taken with meal to reduce stomach upset. Thus, best would be to take Glimy MP with food.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.