Should I take morning after pill?

Patient: I had sex for the first time about 3 days ago and he wore a condom. then after we were done he took it off and he was around my vagina and almost in it. He did not ejaculate inside of me but I am scared of getting pregnant. Do you think I should take the morning after pill? or are my chances of getting pregnant not that high?

Doctor: Your chances of getting pregnant would depend on what phase of the menstrual cycle you were in, at the time you had sex. If it was almost a week after you had ovulation, or if your periods are regular and you are to have your periods in about a weeks time, you might be safe because there would be no ovum present to be fertilised.  If you are not sure about the time of ovulation and your cycle it would be safe to take the morning after pill.Your chances of getting pregnant would depend on what phase of the menstrual cycle you were in, at the time you had sex. If it was almost a week after you had ovulation, or if your periods are regular and you are to have your periods in about a weeks time, you might be safe.  If you are not sure about the time of ovulation and your cycle it would be safe to take the morning after pill.