Should I take my dad to the hospital

Patient : Should I take my dad to the hospital if his blood pressure and sugar levels are 158/82 & 190? He has high blood pressure and diabetes?
Symptoms:  Anxiety, high blood pressure and sugar.,dried lips.
Doctor :   Hello, Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query. Your dad has systolic hypertension along with diabetes. He needs treatment definitely.. Take him to a health care centre, they will prescribe him appropriate change in medications which he will have to take regularly. Make sure he is following diabetic diet and exercising daily for atleast half an hour. Hope this helps. Take care.

Related Q&A

Q: Can taking high blood pressure medications, when you don't have high blood pressure, cause high blood pressure? I kn...

Q: I just got my test results from a blood test i did and my egfr is 75, my creatinine is 91, urea, protein and everythi...

Q: I am a 69 year old woman and have suffered from a lack of iron all my life. I do not take regular medicine but every...

Q: I have an issue when I rub and massage my elbow I get a tingling sensation in my pinky and ring finger

Q: What is the connection - haertburn and blood pressure and total filling of discomfort in the chest area and stomac a...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon