Should I take the Plan B pill?

Patient: I did not have a period this last month due to unknown reasons. I am assuming cyst, since I have had a problem with them in the past. I went to the doctor and was given birth control along with a pregnancy test that was negative. I have been taking the pill for a week now without a period. Last night durring intercourse the condom broke. I am worried about the possibility of pregnancy. Should I take the Plan B pill or just not worry at all?

Doctor: It is recommended to use backup contraceptive methods such as condoms at least for the first week of starting the oral c ontraceptive pills. Since you are exactly at a week from starting them, I would suggest you to take Plan B to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Continue follow up with your gynecologist for possible Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I wish you the best.