Should I use hot or cold on my face

Patient

Q: Starting Sunday my upper front left teeth starting hurting me. I thought I was grinding . I have been in the dental field for over 30 yrs.
On Monday they were still hurting so I went in to the dentist yesterday because my face starting swelling. He could not find any abcesses
so he put me on Pen VK 500mg 4 x days. My face is still swollen and it is moving to my eye. I made a apt with my Dr. on Friday. The oak pollen
is very bad right now. So I think it may be allergies. My question is should I use hot or cold on my face?

Symptoms:  My face is swollen and it is going to my eye
Doctor