Should we go for fertility tests

Patient

Q: Hello. I 22 years old. I was with My previous partner for 4 years he was the same age as me and I didn't fall pregnant. My partner now of 1 year is 36 years old and has 3 sons, 18,13 and a 6 year old. We have been actively trying to conceive naturally for 6 months and still no luck. What do you recommend? To both go get fertility test or try supplements first?

Doctor

Considering the fact that you have been trying to conceive and your partner being 36 years old, it is ideal to see a gynecologist for a couple workup for infertility. Tests like semen analysis for your partner, ovulation tests and ultrasound and a hormonal profile for you may be needed initially. Once the tests are done we can ascertain if it couple infertility or the problem is with a single partner and treat it accordingly so that you conceive. The chances of infertility looks more from your end as even with your first partner, you were unable to conceive. Do not worry, we can surely treat any issues.

Hope this helped.