Shoulder, back and fingers pain: Is it time for a physical?

Patient : I have occasional pain in my right shoulder and down my back to my fingers and my legs. sometimes the pain has me where i can hardly get out of bed. in 2007 i could barely walk or move without being in pain. i take over the counter pain meds like advil and tylenol but the relief is only temp. can you please me understand. i haven't been to a doctor in a long time, is it time for a physical.
Doctor :   I strongly recommend a comprehensive, not only physical but a lab assessment in order to rule out possible causes for yo ur symptoms. This evaluation should be done by an specialist: a rheumatologist.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi I have been suffering from ache and tingling in my left arm. I get weakness and pain in my forearm when trying t...

Q: I have a pain, an aching pain just below my rib cage on my right side. Gall bladder? No. I have had an ultrasound and...

Q: Please can you let me know if it is safe to use Dolotram 50mg twice a day for a long period of time. I have been on t...

Q: Hi, could you help me diagnose my throat issue please ? I have been suffering with a general anxiety issue for the la...

Q: Wondering what likely cause of pain in back of left arm might be


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon