Shoulder Dislocation after surgery

Patient

Q: Hi I am a 22 year old male. I had shoulder surgery after multiple dislocations about 6 years ago. Since then my shoulder have dislocated about 6 or 7 times. Is there non surgical option or is surgery the best option in such a case

Doctor

A:   There is no non-surgical option that will correct your recurrent shoulder dislocation. I am afraid you will need another procedure to treat your problem. Your surgeon will identify the ligaments that are weak and attempt to repair any tears in the rotator cuff mechanism. Followed by intense physical therapy, your shoulder should return to normal functioning. Please note, following surgery you may not be able to participate in sports which will put a lot of stress on the shoulder joint