Shoulder dislocation recovery

Q: I dislocated it and I'm looking forward to using it again, however I've rested 3 nights with my arm in an interior rotation sling, which is not ideal. Because the labrum doesn't heal correctly. So the question is will those 4 days 3 nights of immobilising my shoulder reduce the quality of my shoulders recovery?

A:    No, they will not, but from now on you should wear a sling, if a sling is not available, rig one by tying a long piece of cloth in a circle (a bed sheet or towel may do nicely). A pillow placed between the arm and body may also help support the injured shoulder. After a period of immobilization (usually a few weeks), slowly and gradually begin to increase the range of motion at the shoulder joint. This helps to preserve natural movement and lessen the risk of recurrent dislocation. When good progress is made with range of motion, strengthening exercises may be added to help you to  regain the full function. According to the current medical literature, the recurrence rate for shoulder instability is highly dependent on the age of the patient.  Most patients are able to rehabilitate their shoulder with rest and physical therapy. Numerous studies have shown the increased likelihood of traumatic glenohumeral  arthritis in patients with multiple shoulder dislocations.