Shoulder heat and waves of aches

Q: My left shoulder is in a lot of pain. It happened recently where i think I slept on my shoulder incorrectly but I have weird symptoms. As I write this, my shoulder is burning with fire. Their seems to be one particular area with a bump that is very sensitive to pain as well, and I can't find this similar area on my other shoulder. It might be inflamed but the heat isn't on all the time. The heat comes during the evening while i finish sitting in my leather computer chair. Besides the heat, then comes waves of aches, very painful aches, then the heat turns back on for awhile and I'm forced to massage my shoulder until it goes away. Sometimes I put a icepack on my shoulder to bring down the heat. Eventually I'm able to go to sleep once i've numbed out the pain, and then I sleep well trying to sleep on my other shoulder(even though I don't feel the pain or heat at night) and forget about it until the next morning.
This is a pretty serious issue at the moment because its actually very painful, its been getting worse every evening, I would go to my doctor right now if it weren't so late already.
Would really appreciate a response asap. What can this be symptoms of?

Symptoms:  Heat, waves of aches