Shoulder Injury

Q: I have had pain in shoulder for a couple of years, the injury was caused by a surfing accident, itprevents me from doing many things. The pain occurs from jarring actions such as digging, or from repetition exercise such as sweeping, racking or paddling a surf board. They main pain feels like nerve pain which is quite intense, generated from under the blade in the pectoralis major and minor area. This results in is a lot of muscle tension right the way and knotting also causing aches etc. around the shoulder area, top of chest, side of neck and down the arm There has also been a lose of muscle tone in the upper trapezius.
I have been to physio for this condition and have good movement and strenght now but the pain is still there.
What is this likely to be and how can i fix the problem?

Symptoms:  Intense nerve pain and muscle aching to shoulder