Shoulder pain

Patient

Q: There is a large full thickness supraspinatus tendon tear into anterior infraspinatus tendon there is up to 3.6 centimeters of tendon retraction will i need surgury

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that if your injury is as severe as you describe it, that surgery will be the only way to repair this injury. However, we cannot confirm whether this is certain or not based on your description alone. Your candidacy for surgical repair of your shoulder will be best assessed by an orthopedic surgeon specializing in shoulder injury repair. They will perform a complete exam of the area, and along with diagnostic imaging will determine if you require surgery or not.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com