Shoulder pain

Q: I fell off of my bike over a week ago and landed on my left side, mainly on my left shoulder. i t has been hurting and i have limited range of motion, i cannot lift my arm straight out. i can tell it is improving each day and do not need pain medication during the day. However, at night, the pain is excrushiating. My shoulder throbs and i cannot find a comfortable position, where there is no pain. i cannot take Aleve because it upsets my stomach and Advil doesn't help. What other medication can i take to alleviate the pain at night? Why does my shoulder hurt so much more at night while lying in bed?

Symptoms:  pain on the front side of shoulder and through the front chest area. No swelling or bruising.