Shoulder pain and popping that gets worse with movement
Patient :I recently noticed that my right shoulder is lower than my left. Also I am having a lot of pain in my shoulder and tinging and numbness in my hand. If I move it a certain way it more and it also pops. What can cause this?
Symptoms: Pain in shoulder,hurts more when moved a certain way and pops alot
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
Following are the possibilities:
1. Shoulder dislocation
2. Shoulder muscle/ligament injury or tear
3. Muscular spasm.
I would advise you to get a MRI shoulder done.
For acute muscular pain I advise following:
1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
Your pain would start getting better in 5 days.
Share my opinion with your Doctor before you act upon it.
I hope it helps.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.