Shoulder pain on flexion movement

Patient

Q: I have pain in my shoulder. It only hurts when i reach for something in front of me. the pain is only on the very top of shoulder and is about 2 inches in length. no other pain in body and pain does not come with any other movement of shoulder. (up down back tec...

Doctor

A:   This may be caused due to a rotator cuff tear or a bicipital tendonitis. A rotator cuff teat is an injury involving the rotator muscles of the shoulder  and typically gives pain o other head and pain on flexion ie similar to your pain. It is however difficult to say what exactly is causing your pain without conducting a physical examination and thus I advice you to see your GP for a more indepth analysis of this complaint and possible xray of the joint.