Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Shoulder pain on right side

Shoulder pain on right side

Patient: Im experiencing mild pain in right shoulder an upper arm for last 2 days, the pain is felt when I strech my arms or when I try to touch my shoulder with ears.

Symptoms: No other symtoms

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you have a muscle strain and ligament tears and injury. You can treat this by using RICE. This is how RICE works:Rest – rest the arm and avoid straining it too muchIce – ice the arm for 15 mins every hour several times a dayCompress – compress the arm with crepe bandageElevate – elevate the arm by placing it above 2 pillowsAlso, use Paracetamol to reduce the swellingThe pain should reduce after 5 days. If it does not, please see a Doctor. All the best.