Shoulder Pain that goes down entire arm.

Patient

Q: It started off with my left shoulder hurting but it went away after about two days and I thought it was done with. Two days ago, it came back and now my entire arm hurts and feels tingly occasionally along with my shoulder. Since these things started happening my legs have been feeling weak and I occasionally feel like I'm going to pass out. I'm going to go to the doctor as soon as I can but I want an idea of what this most likely is.

Symptoms:  Shoulder pain, arm pain and slight numbness, leg weakness, feeling lightheaded
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The pain in your shoulder with tingling down the arm could be a symptom of a medical issue with your heart. Heart attacks, angina, or ischemic heart disease can produce this type of pain. We would like you to go to your doctor as soon as you can to have this thoroughly examined. If heart condition is ruled out, then it may be possible that your shoulder and arm complaints are due to an issue with the brachial plexus of nerves which supply the arms. The brachial plexus originates as branches off the the cervical spinal cord and course there way into the shoulder and down the arms. Any impingement of the brachial plexus within the shoulder, or neck can result in your symptoms. Please be guided accordingly.