Shoulder popping and grinding while playing sports, thus pain begins. Eight months!

Patient

Q: Hello, I am have had shoulder pain out 8 months now. I have seen a doctor before and he looked at me for about 5 min and determined that it was inflammation and he prescribed me with Neoproxin and I was in physical therapy for six weeks where the therapist only made it worse. so, I lied my way out of it..Now, I am back to playing Volleyball Basketbal and Softbal L. I had a popping and grinding issue. However, I popped it a certain way and now it doesn't seem to grind anymore. It only hurts when a I play sports now that the grinding has stopped. How do I stop it from hurting and popping while I play sports? Thank you in advance

Doctor