Shoulder/Spleen pain

Patient

Q: Hello, our furnace recently had to be shut off due to a possible gas leak. We may have been exposed to carbon monoxide which caused some discomfort up until the furnace shut off. However this is not my current issue. Due to the changing temperature I had to due some handy work on a door which may or may have not contributed to my current problems.

Currently I am experiencing a sharp pain in my left shoulder, especially when trying to take a deep breath. Additionally I am experiencing the same pain when breathing in or around the spleen. I have had this for a couple of days now and it appears that certain position make it worse. I feel okay though when I am slightly hunched over or walk.
Could this be the sign of an enlarged spleen? I am planning to see a doctor but would like to know if there is anything I can do to either alleviate the pain or reduce the 'swelling' if there is an enlarged spleen.

Also of note, I do not feel any discomfort or tenderness when I push into the spleen area. Massaging my shoulder however alleviated some of the pain. Which appears to me that I may have simply pulled a muscle or possibly pinched a nerve.

Thank you for your time.

Symptoms:  Sharp pain in shoulder, difficulty taking deep breaths, pain and discomfort in spleen area, also pain in spleen area when taking deep breaths
Doctor

Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It seems to me muscular pain related to your overwork (handy work on the door). Treatment of it is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. You can exclude spleen enlargement by sonography of the abdomen. You can exclude lung-related causes by x-ray chest.
Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.