Shrunken Penis Size and PE

Patient

Q: I have been masturbating regularly for 4-5yrs. My penis size used to be around 6.5 - 7 inches. But now it hardly manages to to b 5 inches when erect and even the girth is less. I am trying to reduce my masturbation habit. Is the damage recoverable. I am 24 yrs. I also last for about 2 minutes.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that excessive masturbation could have resulted in atrophy/retraction of the suspensory ligament of the penis. This is a ligament that supports the penis while erect. Depending on how severe the damage is will determine if this problem will resolve. We recommend that you follow up with your doctor to have a full genital examination performed. Should your condition not improve, then you may need to consult a urologist to determine if surgical transection of the suspensory ligament of the penis will be able to restore the original length.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com