Sick and stomach and chest hurts

Q: I'm 19 years old. This past week I got sick where my stomach and chest hurts. I also get light headed and dizzy at times. I have a lost of appetite and constipated too. My head also hurts with constant headaches with my side temples pounding.I have no insurance and wonder what I might have and what medicine should I take.

It looks like you have gastritis which could be related to stress rather any changes in the body. Consider lifestyle modifications. They include quitting smoking, alcohol, junk food and caffeine-containing beverages. Eat healthy food and include a lot of green vegetables and fruits in your diet, drink at least 3 liters of water a day. Sleep for 8 hours a day and cut down on your stress by practising yoga, meditation and deep breathing. Watch for 15 days, in case the symptoms do not get better, you will have to see a physician for an evaluation to rule out causes like migraine, vitamin deficiencies, electrolyte imbalances and other neurological causes . A check on your blood sugars and blood pressure must also be made.

Hope this helped.