Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Side affects of coming off antibiotcs

Side affects of coming off antibiotcs

Patient: I have been on Antibiotics for a urinary infection for over 2 years ,the doctor has now taken me off them i was okay for about four days but have been feeling very tired and jittery for the last seven to eight days could it be because i have come off the antibiotics .

Symptoms: Very tired

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Taking antibiotics for prolonged periods can alter the natura l bacterial flora in the body and can lead to decreased immunity.It may take some time for complete recovery.By taking adequate healthy diet and probiotics, your symptoms can be reduced to some extent.If symptoms persist even after these, better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated.Take care