Side effects of certain drugs on pregnancy

Patient

Q: My husband is 37yrs Old, we are late married. He is taking medicines like larpose , lonazep and elcab for mental depression. I want to know weather is there any side effects for these medicines, will it effect my pregnancy. And also is there any problem for our child on or after birth?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
After going through your query we could like to convey the following, generally these medicines should not have much effect over the pregnancy issues as they donot interfere with the spermatogenesis. Large scale studies of the effects of these drugs on conception have not been documented. These drugs should have any effect on the baby during conception or after birth.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.