152 Physicians Online

Side effects of Metoprolol

I am taking Metropolol daily for an irregular heartbeat. Recently, the symphoms of extreme tiredness and dizziness (feeling of fainting) have increased and are most noticable in the middle of the day. They pass in about an hour or hour and a half and I am fine the rest of the day. Is this dangerous and is there anything I can do about it? It is very debilitating.

Your symptoms of tiredness and dizziness are the commonly experienced  side effects of metoprolol. You may try taking the medication before meals or at bedtime, to reduce these side effects.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA