x
152 Physicians Online

Question:

Side effects of Metoprolol

I am taking Metropolol daily for an irregular heartbeat. Recently, the symphoms of extreme tiredness and dizziness (feeling of fainting) have increased and are most noticable in the middle of the day. They pass in about an hour or hour and a half and I am fine the rest of the day. Is this dangerous and is there anything I can do about it? It is very debilitating.

Answer:

Your symptoms of tiredness and dizziness are the commonly experienced  side effects of metoprolol. You may try taking the medication before meals or at bedtime, to reduce these side effects.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.