Signs of anaemia

Patient

Q: HI :) I was watching Doctor Oz and he mentioned that a sure fire way to tell if you have anemia is if the skin inside your lower lids looks pale.... So of course i immediately looked in the mirror and mine has no colour at all ! Inside my lower lids looks pretty much white . I feel great, but now i am worried. Should i go to a doctor and get my blood checked ? Exactly how accurate is this self test at predicting anemia ? Thank you :)

Doctor

A:   Pale conjunctiva (mucous membrane inside the lower eyelid) is a clinical sign often found on physical examination of a patient and can be an indication of anaemia. Symptoms of anaemia include tiredness, fatigue, shortness of breath, irritability, paleness and difficulty concentrating. If you have any of the above symptoms or you are concerned you may be anaemic, a simple Haemoglobin check by your family doctor may be performed to diagnose or exclude any underlying problem. .