x
161 Physicians Online

Question:

Signs of bilateral ethmoid and maxillary sinusitis

MRI Results Shows "the Brain MRI is Normal", and another line says "signs of bilateral ethmoid and maxillary sinusitis". Please advise what is the other line "signs of bilateral ethmoid and maxillary sinusitis" means? and if it is a serious issue. Thanks

Symptoms: " />

Answer:

"Bilateral Ethmoid and Maxillary Sinusitis" means that sinus cavities below th eyes on either side of the nose are inflammed and possibly infected. The symptoms normally include facial pain, nasal congestion and post nasal drainage of mucous leading to a sore throat or hoarseness. If these symptoms are present then treatment is usually initiated in the form of nasal decongestants, antibiotics and sometimes steroid medications to reduce inflammation.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA