Signs of pregnancy but having an "odd" period

Patient : So, I am having a little bit of an issue; at first I thought I was pregnant, but I got my period on time. My period was different though-- I had a pain in my uterus that I could pin point, and my blood was bright right and thin in consistency (it's about a medium flow.) I am still having that pain. I am also on birth control. I was wondering what it could possibly be caused by and if I should still get a pregnancy test.
Symptoms:  Pain in lower abdomen (not similar to cramps) , bloating, occasionally nauseous, bright red blood (almost period like with a medium flow but thin blood)