Signs of Premature or Early Menopause

Patient

Q: Is 31 to young to start menopause?

Doctor

A:   Yes, 31 years of age would be considered an early onset of menopause, also known as premature or early menopause. Once started, the process of premature menopause can not be reversed. Testing for levels of sex hormones in the blood will be an option to confirm the early menopause. Depending on your fertility status, you may want to consult your gynecologist for all the available options for you. You will also experience all the symptoms associated with the regular menopause like hot flashes, emotional changes, vaginal dryness, changes in sex drive etc. In case of severity of the symptoms you may consult your doctor for hormone replacement therapy to control these symptoms.
Yes, 31 years of age would be considered an early onset of menopause, also known as premature or early menopause.

Once started, the process of premature menopause can not be reversed. Testing for levels of sex hormones in the blood will be an option to confirm the

early menopause. Depending on your fertility status, you may want to consult your gynecologist for all the possible available options for you. You will

experience the symptoms associated with the regular menopause like hot flashes, emotional changes, vaginal dryness, changes in sex drive etc.