Since I was younger i had a lump on my

Q: Since I was younger u had a lump on my mid left abdomen below the beast bone and ribs. Recently I noticed it got bigger and painful. Went to the dr and had an ultrasound and the radiologist diagnosed it as lipoma. Recently it's been very painful where I can sleep on my right side because it pulls and when I shift to my left it hurts. Sometimes I feel the pain radiating to my back. I also just got over a cold, so now that spot hurts when I cough but not when I take a deep breath. Is This normal?

Not all lipomas need an excision. Lipomas which turn symptomatic or interfere with day to day activities need surgical management. In your case, the lipoma has gotten bigger enough to interfere with your respiration and it may become bigger and interfere with daily activities causing constant pain and discomfort and leading to nerve or arterial entrapment. It is recommended that you see a surgeon for an examination and consider an excision of the same if the doctor feels a need to do so.

Hope this helped.