Single bump on glans.

Patient

Q: Single, small, faintly pink bump on glans. Painless, itchless, and barely noticeable. Less than 1mm in diameter. First appeared a few weeks after azithromycin treatment for non-gonorheal uti. What could it be?

Symptoms:  Unsightly, painless, itchless, cosmetic
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. This lesion needs to be examined by your doctor while it is still prominent. It is possible that this may be due to a sexually transmitted infection such as herpes or genital warts (caused by the human papilomavirus). An astute physical examination of the area along with a swabbing sample and blood tests to determine the cause of this lesion is necessary. If any STDs are ruled out after this examination the next course of action may be to treat this topical corticosteroid cream. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com