Sinus allergies due to diving

Patient

Q: Two days after scuba diving i got sinus allergies,that resulted into dry mouth,fatigue,ear and throat ichingsore throat,ears congested,dry mouth. Consulted ENT specialist and x-rays showed haziness in frontal and maxillary sinuses and no movement in left ear drum. Doctor prescribed me montekulast tables(10 mg) and vitamin C (1 g) and clarythromycin. Its been two months that i am facing allergy symptoms. Sore throat and dry mouth is gone but i have congestion and iching in ear and throat and watery eyes,forehead pressure. I am also going through skin iching and sneezing but no rashes present. I have faced similar symptoms 4 years back but it was not that intense.
Kindly provide me medication and help me to overcome allergies.

Symptoms:  Sneezing,Ears and nose congestion,Skin,ear throat iching,watery eyes,forehead pressure.
Doctor

Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query.
I have read your query, reviewed your medications and understand your concern.

As per your clinical history, it appears that you are most probably having residual allergic sinusitis and ear congestion.
Avoid any smoking, allergen, excess salt, tea coffee & stress. They will trigger attack.

For sinus headache and symptomatic treatment,
use saline nasal spray thrice daily,
tab cetirizine 10 mg at night &
tab Paracetamol.

You will get relief.
You can discuss this with your treating doctor.
Hope this information is helpful to you. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Patient: Hello Doctor,

I took clarithromycin and fexofenadine for a week and my sorethroat was relieved.But i still have congested ears,itching in eyes,throat and ears.
From last two week i have dry ichy skin and sneezing.

I did CBC,ESR and Thyroid test , results were normal.
My ENT told that its allergies .
Could this be bacterial or fungal infection.?

Its been two months i have been facing these symptoms , that's why i was more worried about it.

Regards,
Aniket.
Doctor: Since your CBC is normal and symptoms you have are more associated with allergy ,infection is less likely.
Kindly continue antihistaminics for 15 more days.