Sinusitis and swollen eyes

Q: I have had a sinus infection this last wek and as of friday have devoloped a sore throat only when i swallow and this morning i woke up to my eyes being matted shut any ideas as to meds for treatment

A:   May I ask what you meant by your eyes matted shut? Is it swelling of the eyes? If it is then you need to see a doctor promptly! If you really do have sinusitis, then what you may be having could be a telling sign of cavernous sinus thrombosis, which is a rare but very serious, life-threatening complication of sinusitis. If it is not swelling, but more of high amount of eye discharges which makes it hard for you to open your eyes, you still need to see a doctor because it could be a viral or bacterial infection of the eye. I wish you well always and take care.