Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sir am trying for my first baby My last petiod

Sir am trying for my first baby My last petiod

Patient: Sir am trying for my first baby. My last petiod was 07/09/2016. My period is 28 days cycle. Now its 31 th day. period has not come. So i took pregnancy test and it shows negative.so is there any problem or can i expect a good news

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,As you have missed your menses by just 3 days now, urine pregna ncy test would only be sensitive after at least 8 days post missed periods and can give you a false negative results at present.So the best way to determine pregnancy as on today would be to get a serum beta hcg test done. If the hcg levels are more than 3mIU then you are pregnant else you are not. If negative beta hcg test, then the delay is likely to be stress induced mostly and you should then wait for your menses to return for at least next one week.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards