Sir, I am a male aged 46 years My height

Patient: Sir, I am a male aged 46 years. My height is 172cm & weight is 115 kg. I have been regularly going to the gym for 1 1/2 months with diet control. Of late I’ve observed that my weight is increasing. Kindly advice me as to why this is happening.

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I have read your query in detail and i understand your concern.I am glad that you have s tarted working out for your weight issues. Remember slow and steady wins the race. I would advise you to get your thyroid profile and lipid profile done.I would advise you to following for weight loss and cholesterol management:1.Reduce your weight naturally by diet modification and exercises.2.Avoid Fatty food in diet.3.To consume potato, rice, oil, ghee, sweets, carbonated beverages in moderated amount only.4. Avoid alcohol and smoking in case you do.If you are unable to loose weight by these measures, you can discuss with your doctor about a drug called as Orlistat. This drug reduces the absorption of fat and helps in weight loss if used in conjugation with diet plans and exercise.Don’t use any supplements or fat burners.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy