Sir I have not taken tetanus booster doses as per schedule

Q: Sir
I have not taken tetanus booster doses as per schedule. But i have taken single tetanus vaccine doses after injury for several times, almost two or three shots in one year. Recently i took a tetanus injection 17 days ago and now i have an injury from a trolley bag wheel. Should i take another tetanus vaccine? I also want to know how long is the validity of a single shot tetanus vaccine?

Symptoms:  Nil

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I do not think you need to take more than 2 injections of TT in one year. Next time you get an injury, do not go to the Doctor to take injections. Instead just treat the wounds with first aid and then leave it like that.

These will then heal in due course. Hope this helps you. All the best.