Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Sir I have not taken tetanus booster doses as per schedule

Sir I have not taken tetanus booster doses as per schedule

Patient: SirI have not taken tetanus booster doses as per schedule. But i have taken single tetanus vaccine doses after injury for several times, almost two or three shots in one year. Recently i took a tetanus injection 17 days ago and now i have an injury from a trolley bag wheel. Should i take another tetanus vaccine? I also want to know how long is the validity of a single shot tetanus vaccine?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I do not think that you need another TT shot. The required amount is usually just 1 TT s hot every year and you have greatly exceeded the amount you need.Please understand that an extra amount is not needed. Hope this helps you. All the best.

Patient: Thanks doctor…i am greatly helped by your answer

Patient: Sir I have one more query
Sir I have one more query. Some 14 days ago i went to a lab for blood test. They took the blood and i had no problem with that. After two days from that i went to a salon for shaving. The barber shaved with a new blade. But before leaving the salon he told that he forgot to shave the hair near the neck. So he shaved it but that time i saw he took a blade which was used to a man 10 minutes ago. I do not know the man but the barber said he was healthy. Now my question is can these two incidents transmit hiv? After 7 days from that shaving i got a cold and then mild fever continuing for 5 days. No such joint or muscle pain and no palpable swelling of lymph nodes still. I had a tendency of mouth ulcers from childhood and they are present and they are forming newly. I am unmarried and had no sexual relationship. Should i worry for hiv and go for a test?

View all posts