Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sir my nose nd cheeks more black nd very promient

Sir my nose nd cheeks more black nd very promient

Patient: Sir my nose nd cheeks more black nd very promient due to acne.I used retain a nd mometase cream.it makes scene more worse I’m unable to go out due to black marks

Sir my nose nd cheeks more ...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern. I have seen the attached photograph also.Mometasone is a steroidal cream which should be avoided on face unless there is a strong indication for its use . It is not at all advisable to apply mometasone for pigmentation of acne.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical kojic acid, vitamin C , retinoids, azelaic acid in cream or gel formulation.Else you may go for chemical peels like Glycolic acid peel or Salicylic acid peel.Have a good and strict sun protection.Visit your doctor and share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy